- Admission Criteria
- Application Procedures
The Ph.D. programme in SEEM normally requires the candidate to hold a research-based Master degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or related areas. The M.Phil. programme in SEEM normally requires the candidate to hold a bachelor degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or related areas. Exceptional candidates with a bachelor degree may apply directly to the Ph.D. Programme.
Applicants must meet the general qualifications required for admission to the Graduate School http://www2.cuhk.edu.hk/gss/entry.php
All applicants must also fulfil the “English Language Proficiency Requirement” as stipulated by the Graduate School before being considered for admission. Please refer to the “Postgraduate Prospectus” of The Chinese University of Hong Kong for details. Please refer to Admission On-line of CUHK for more information: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/gss
After submitting your application form, please be reminded to submit the following items (no. 2-7)to our department office.
- Completed Application Form/Submit Online Application Form (http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/gss/);
- Official Transcripts from the University attended by applications *(must in a sealed envelope)
- Copies of Degree Certificates;
- Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement: (for students’ undergraduate programme’s medium of language is not English only)
- Confidential Recommendations from Two referees respectively*;
- Application Fee Receipt (Not necessary for credit card payment through online application)
- Copies of Identity card or Passport; and
- Other supporting documents upon request or the respective division.
* Official Transcripts and Confidential Recommendation must reach the respective division directly from the University and referees, or in sealed envelopes and send by the applicant with other support documents to the Graduate Division
Our Department address:
Department of Systems Engineering & Engineering Management
Room 609, William M.W. Mong Engineering Building
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong